Andover High School SUMMER 2020 BASEBALL WORKOUT PROGRAM
Our mission is to provide an opportunity for Andover High School baseball players to develop baseball skills and achieve team success in an environment that promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, and respect that will continue to enhance the Andover High School Baseball Program.
Due to the cancellation and continued postponement of the leagues our Summer Program participates in (Legion, VFW and MYAS), the Andover High School Baseball Program will be hosting a Workout Program this summer focused on skill development, with an emphasis on hitting, led by the Andover High School Baseball Coaching Staff. As guidelines allow, we will expand skill development to include fielding, throwing, pitching and possible games against other communities.
The Workout Program complies with guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health, the Minnesota Youth Sports Task Force, the Minnesota State High School League and the Anoka-Hennepin School District. These are uncertain times and guidelines can change, which can affect the plan for our Workout Program. We appreciate you understanding the need to be flexible. Here is our current plan for our Workout Program:
- Monday, June 8th: Zoom Meeting to address any questions regarding the Workout Program will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- Password: 8675309
- Week of June 15th: Players will begin participating in 2-3 baseball specific workouts per week;
- Workouts will be held at Andover High School Baseball Fields;
- Workouts will be directed by the Andover High School Baseball Coaching Staff;
- Workouts will follow the Guidance for Social Distancing in Youth Sport;
- Week of July 27th: Final week of workouts.
Online registration for the 2020 Andover High School Baseball Summer Workout Program is now open:
- Registration Link: http://www.andoverhuskiesbaseball.com/product/2020-high-school-summer-baseball-registration/
- Registration Closure Date: Friday, June 12th
- Eligibility: Players entering 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades for the 2020-21 School Year.
- Registration Fee: $200.00
As always, we are grateful for your patience and continued support of the Andover High School Baseball Program.
Please feel free to contact Ross Johnson at Ross.Johnson@Abbotdowning.com or 612-221-9718 if you have any questions.
- Ross Johnson, Summer Baseball Director – email@example.com